Silent Day

I am so blown away by my class right now! Today was Silent Day. I had to remain silent ALL day. The students were given a schedule and asked to lead the class for the day. Some students stepped up and took attendance, answered the classroom phone, did problems on the board, passed out papers, did a class read aloud and led a vocabulary lessons. Other students preferred to sit back and let their classmates teach while they followed their instructions. No one was asigned jobs and yet they all seemed to be able to find their place without arguing. It was so smooth! In fact, I dare say that students were even more engaged in their work today than when I teach! They were proud of themselves and they should be! I snapped a couple pictures.


The rocked their math test today!


Brooklynn did a great job with the class read aloud. She finished the book we were reading and still had time. She didn't ask me what she should do. She just grabbed a book from the class library and continued reading!


Book clubs went off without a hitch!



What an amazing group of kiddos! Can't wait to teach again tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment